WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN?
There was a time of simplicity. The only place for video ads was television. All of the requirements were the same. People had to watch your spot while waiting for their favorite program. It didn't matter whether or not the commercial kept attention. It would be over before they could reach over the popcorn for the remote.
Times are different. There are many places to run your video (for free even) to get consumers interested. And each place, has its own best practices. The first thing you need to do is define where you think you will run it. It its for young audience members (under25) then tik tok, Instagram, snapchat and youtube are best to keep in mind when writing the video. If it's for tv, linked in or facebook, they all have their own special practices too.
We help you define where it will run and then help you write the pitch-perfect script. Check out our STEP BY STEP GUIDE to planning your video if you need to understand the process, otherwise, jump right in for a free consultation by booking an appointment with your director here.
Below is Brainiac's learning center, featuring FAQ on both producing and distributing your video. FYI - We DO NOT do media management or distribution. We specialize in video production and like to keep it that way. However, we have curated some great info below that will help you understand our process and give you ideas for your marketing efforts.
2. Five tips for making a great commercial
5. Why you should never crowdsource video.
6. What not to do when hiring a videographer.
Frequently asked questions about production
Frequently asked questions about promotion
How to get more followers on IG
5 fast ways to generate more followers and social growth on Instagram:
2. Use video and photo content that is opriginal, every day.
4. Watch analytics to see what posts generate most shares and highest click-through to your site.
5. Use video to host contests that encourage people to share and follow.
How to get more followers on Facebook
2. Use video and photo content that is original, every day.
4. Watch analytics to see what posts generate the most shares and highest click-through to your site.
5. Use professional videos to host contests, celbrate holidays, events and any other excuse to make people think about your brand on a daily basis.
How to get free advertising
1. Create a good video and upload it to as many platforms as possible. See the list of social media platforms (there are dozens you have yet to hear of) and video hosting platforms.
List of social media platforms
Is YouTube Social Media?
When did social media start?
1997. Before it was known as social media, there was a site was called Six Degrees and it allowed you to create profiles and make friends. Blogging sites followed not long after along with video sharing sites appearing nearly a decade later. Yet the beginnings of what now shapes the world, the ebb and flow of the feeds, so to speak, started as early as the telegraph.