What not to do when hiring a video producer/production company.
There are many things that will make your production successful yet here are a few things that could tank it and cost you money.
1) Don’t go with the cheapest or the most expensive.
Sometimes a high price tag can mean you’re paying for every other production's overhead just to be treated like a small fish in a big pond. Going with someone for 20 bucks an hour will also not get you results. You’ll spend so many hours going in circles and end up having spent the same amount to go with a trusted professional on the front-end. Let the kids work out how to bring a client's product to life by doing spec commercials and put your product in the hands of someone that is both affordable and can actually deliver with ease.
2. Don’t just look at their reel
A collection of images alone does not prove that they know how to clearly deliver a message. Watch their commercials and videos and ask yourself if you know exactly what the product is that is being marketed. They should not just be able to make something look good, they should be able to tell a story and articulate all of your information. If they can make it entertaining too, well, that’s really cool! Message first.
3. Don’t work with anyone who tells you that your video will go viral simply because they made it. This industry is filled with people who oversell and under deliver. Most successful directors have videos that have done millions of views and that is always awesome but be cautious of anyone who promises that one video can shoot your product through the moon. Sure, we’ve all seen things go big but stay away from those with grandiose promises, they are a red flag.
4. Don’t try to deliver a blockbuster type video on a micro-budget.
Make sure you and your contractor come up with realistic ideas that work with your budget. There’s nothing worse than something done poorly and it simply won’t get results. Just as audiences ignore the millions of poorly produced Hollywood knock-off movies, they are certain to ignore an attempt at doing something that is impossible on a smaller budget
Be smart and come up with a great plan to effectively communicate your product to a target market
5. Hire someone who is very upfront and honest about the process. If they dodge a question don’t work with them. Tell them your budget upfront.
Both parties will waste a lot of time pitching ideas that a client ends up not being able to afford.
Most companies or contractors should have a base rate price to start from in order to give you a quick understanding and be able to land on an exact number from there.
You can schedule a free consultation below and we guide you Through the process from a to Z keeping it on time and on budget. Our flat rates keep things affordable for you realistic for us and ensure that your budget doesn’t grow.
a FREE 30 MIN
CLIENTS & DISTRIBUTORS INCLUDE:
HONDA DLA | NATUREAL| MATEL | SPINNIN’ | UNIVERSAL | TRAILER PARK | DISNEY | KNOCK OUT | CBS | ARMADA TV | CREATIVE PRIMATES | LEASEFILLER | MY COMPUTER & OFFICE SUPPLY | PINNACLE | SONY | AT&T | EOS CHAPSTICK | NOTOS | PAYLIDIFY | DOCKYT | FLOURISH | KSI | SANDERS | CLARA CLARK | SECURE HOTEL | JSA | LEASEFILLER